REDI Fellowship Program
Latest news: 16 new REDI Fellows announced!
A further 16 highly skilled Australian researchers, clinicians and professionals from the medical technology, biotechnology and pharmaceutical sector have secured sought-after industry placements under the REDI (Researcher Exchange and Development within Industry) Fellowship program.
The new fellows selected from the July 2022 round are from New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Victoria and Western Australia and will be working for up to 13.5-months with SMEs and international companies based in Australia, the US, the UK and Europe.
To date $8.1 million has been injected into the sector through the REDI Fellowship Program.
For more information: MTPConnect Announces 16 REDI Fellowships in Sought After Industry Roles 15.11.2022
The REDI Fellowship Program - more about our program
The REDI Fellowship Program can provide up to $250,000 per Fellow, per annum, for industry Fellowships giving Australian, international and/or multinational MTP companies the financial support to bring Australian academics, clinicians and MTP professionals in-house for up to twelve months to work on priority medical research projects.
The grant covers/contributes to salaries and on-costs (including superannuation) for the period of the REDI Fellowship. Additional costs, such as relocation costs, may be covered if there is a requirement to relocate.
To date, 48 Fellows have already been selected to work with leading Australian and international companies including Cochlear, Telix Pharmaceuticals, Leica Biosystems, Stryker, SpeeDx, Pharmaxis, Paige.AI and Synopsys.
Please review the REDI Fellowship Guidelines below for eligibility criteria and further details.
A REDI Fellowship requires a sponsor (industry), a fellow (e.g. researcher, academic, clinician, tech transfer professional) and a specific research and development project focussing on human health outcomes. The application requires sponsor companies to have reached or surpassed the product (therapeutic, medical device, digital health) development inflection point and be able to provide high level support for the growth of the Fellow, with no minimum staff limit.
Applications for Round 4 of the REDI Fellowship Program CLOSED on 27 July 2022.
Send questions via email to REDIF.firstname.lastname@example.org.
This opportunity is made possible under the Researcher Exchange and Development within Industry (REDI) initiative supported by the Australian Government’s Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF), along with a significant contribution of $1 million from Australia’s national science agency, CSIRO.
REDI Fellowship Announcements and News
- 12 May 2021 - First REDI Fellowships Awarded to Boost Medical Research Commercialisation Capabilities
- 20 August 2021 - REDI Fellowships Awarded to Researchers in NSW to Boost Medical Research Commercialisation Capabilities
- 08 October 2021 - REDI Fellowships Eligibility Expanded to Smaller Companies
- 14 January 2022 - Ten Sought-After Industry Fellowships Awarded to Boost Medical Research Commercialisation
- 16 February 2022 - REDI Fellowship Program Paused
- 12 May 2022 - REDI News: Announcing New Industry Fellowships
- 17 May 2022 - The REDI Fellowship Program Re-opens – Call for Industry Sponsors to Apply for Final Round
- 10 June 2022 - CSIRO Contributes $1M to REDI Fellowship Program
- 26 October 2022 - REDI Fellow Explores AI's Powerful Role in Pathology