REDI Fellowship Program - Closes 27 July 2022
The REDI Fellowship Program can provide up to $250,000 per Fellow, per annum, for industry Fellowships giving Australian, international and/or multinational MTP companies the financial support to bring Australian academics, clinicians and MTP professionals in-house for up to twelve months to work on priority medical research projects.
The grant covers/contributes to salaries and on-costs (including superannuation) for the period of the REDI Fellowship. Additional costs, such as relocation costs, may be covered if there is a requirement to relocate.
To date, 32 Fellows have already been selected to work with leading Australian and international companies including Cochlear, Telix Pharmaceuticals, Leica Biosystems, Stryker, SpeeDx, Pharmaxis, Paige.AI and Synopsys.
Please review the REDI Fellowship Guidelines below for eligibility criteria and further details.
A REDI Fellowship requires a sponsor (industry), a fellow (e.g. researcher, academic, clinician, tech transfer professional) and a specific research and development project focussing on human health outcomes. The application requires sponsor companies to have reached or surpassed the product (therapeutic, medical device, digital health) development inflection point and be able to provide high level support for the growth of the Fellow, with no minimum staff limit.
Eligible sponsors can select three types of Fellowships to apply for which need to be completed by 31 December 2023:
• One-year full time
• 6–12 months full time
• 6–12 months where the Fellow spends 50% of time working with the sponsor.
This call will solicit applications from sponsors until 27 July 2022.
Send questions via email to REDIF.email@example.com.
This opportunity is made possible under the Researcher Exchange and Development within Industry (REDI) initiative supported by the Australian Government’s Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF).
REDI Fellowship Announcements
- 12 May 2021 - First REDI Fellowships Awarded to Boost Medical Research Commercialisation Capabilities
- 20 August 2021 - REDI Fellowships Awarded to Researchers in NSW to Boost Medical Research Commercialisation Capabilities
- 14 January 2022 - Ten Sought-After Industry Fellowships Awarded to Boost Medical Research Commercialisation
- 12 May 2022 - REDI News: Announcing New Industry Fellowships
- 17 May 2022 - The REDI Fellowship Program Re-opens – Call for Industry Sponsors to Apply for Final Round