REDI Fellowship Program
REDI Fellowship Program
More about our program
The REDI Fellowship Program can provide up to $250,000 per Fellow, per annum, for industry Fellowships giving Australian, international and/or multinational MTP companies the financial support to bring Australian academics, clinicians and MTP professionals in-house for up to twelve months to work on priority medical research projects.
The grant covers/contributes to salaries and on-costs (including superannuation) for the period of the REDI Fellowship. Additional costs, such as relocation costs, may be covered if there is a requirement to relocate.
To date, 48 Fellows have already been selected to work with leading Australian and international companies including Cochlear, Telix Pharmaceuticals, Leica Biosystems, Stryker, SpeeDx, Pharmaxis, Paige.AI and Synopsys.
A REDI Fellowship requires a sponsor (industry), a fellow (e.g. researcher, academic, clinician, tech transfer professional) and a specific research and development project focussing on human health outcomes. The application requires sponsor companies to have reached or surpassed the product (therapeutic, medical device, digital health) development inflection point and be able to provide high level support for the growth of the Fellow, with no minimum staff limit.
Send questions via email to REDIF.email@example.com.
UPDATED REDI FELLOWSHIP GUIDELINES
REDI FELLOWSHIP INFORMATION SESSION WEBINAR
This opportunity is made possible under the Researcher Exchange and Development within Industry (REDI) initiative supported by the Australian Government’s Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF), along with a significant contribution of $1 million from Australia’s national science agency, CSIRO.
REDI Fellowship Announcements and News
- 12 May 2021 - First REDI Fellowships Awarded to Boost Medical Research Commercialisation Capabilities
- 20 August 2021 - REDI Fellowships Awarded to Researchers in NSW to Boost Medical Research Commercialisation Capabilities
- 08 October 2021 - REDI Fellowships Eligibility Expanded to Smaller Companies
- 14 January 2022 - Ten Sought-After Industry Fellowships Awarded to Boost Medical Research Commercialisation
- 16 February 2022 - REDI Fellowship Program Paused
- 12 May 2022 - REDI News: Announcing New Industry Fellowships
- 17 May 2022 - The REDI Fellowship Program Re-opens – Call for Industry Sponsors to Apply for Final Round
- 10 June 2022 - CSIRO Contributes $1M to REDI Fellowship Program
- 26 October 2022 - REDI Fellow Explores AI's Powerful Role in Pathology
- 15 November 2022 - MTPConnect Announces 16 REDI Fellowships in Sought After Industry Roles
- 10 May 2023 - Australia-South Korea Relations Boosted with New REDI Fellow to Work in Seoul