MTPConnect is one of six Federal Government Industry Growth Centres. The Industry Growth Centres Initiative is an industry-led approach that will drive innovation, productivity and competitiveness by focusing on areas of competitive strength and strategic priority. This will help Australia transition into smart, high-value and export focused industries.
The Initiative will enable national action on key issues such as deregulation, skills, collaboration and commercialisation. It will drive excellence, not dependence, and create an economy that ensures Australia’s ongoing prosperity.
Industry Growth Centres have been established to deliver the Initiative in six industry sectors of competitive strength and strategic priority, these are:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Cyber Security
- Food and Agribusiness
- Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals (MTPConnect)
- Mining Equipment, Technology and Services
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources
While the Growth Centres will be flexible in their approach to addressing barriers to success, they will be tasked with looking at four broad themes:
- Identifying regulations that are unnecessary or over-burdensome for the key growth sectors and impede their ability to grow, and suggesting possible reforms;
- Improving engagement between research and industry, and within industry, to achieve stronger coordination and collaboration of research and stronger commercialisation outcomes in the key growth sectors;
- Improving the capability of the key growth sectors to engage with international markets and access global supply chains; and
- Improving the management and workforce skills of key growth sectors.
Further information is available at www.industry.gov.au.