Intellectual Property (IP) Seminar Series
- 07 Jun 2022-30 Aug 2022
- Save to my Calendar
- Adelaide and online, Adelaide, Australia
Medical Device Partnering Program (MDPP) - a REDI Initiative Partner
About the Event
Medical Device Partnering Program (MDPP) is an official partner of the MTPConnect powered REDI initiative.
Dr Chris Wilkinson from Madderns Patent & Trademark Attorneys will be holding a series of lunchtime seminars on Intellectual Property (IP) from June to August at the Flinders Tonsley Campus. The seminars will be held at Tonsley, and livestreamed for those unable to attend, and will cover:
- June 7th (12pm) - Overview of the different types of IP; Tangible benefits of IP to SMEs from several large economic studies;
- July 5th (11am) - How is the validity of a patent assessed (novelty, inventive Step, subject matter, support/utility); Inventors and owners;
- August 2nd (11am) - Patent searching, and assessing freedom to operate (and infringement); the international patenting process;
- August 30th (11am) - Trademarks, trade secrets, and designs.
There will be time at the end of each session for attendees to ask any questions they have on IP.
Chris has extensive experience helping local and international clients to protect their IP in Australia and abroad. He is a Registered Australian and New Zealand Patent and Trademark attorney and a partner at Madderns Patent and Trademark Attorneys. He has over 16 years experience working in IP, and draws upon his technical expertise gained from a PhD in high energy astrophysics, and postdoctoral positions in defence (explosive effects) and medical research (bioinformatics) to assist clients in a range of technical areas including AI/ML, healthcare, communications and space. Chris is also a Trustee with LESANZ, a professional society focussed on supporting innovation in AU and NZ.
Don’t miss this opportunity to hear from an experienced Patent Attorney and ask any questions you have on IP.
Please register via Eventbrite if you would like to attend in person or via the livestream. All Welcome.
Click here for more information and to register.