26 February 2021
The Minister for Industry, Science and Technology, The Hon. Karen Andrews MP today announced that funding is now available for Medical Products manufacturing under the Modern Manufacturing Initiative (MMI). Medical Products is one of six National Manufacturing Priorities supported under the MMI.
The Minister also released the Medical Products road map which will guide government and industry investment under the MMI.
The roadmap builds on existing sector plans and government policies, including MTPConnect’s Sector Competitiveness Plan. It highlights areas of investment opportunity including:
- Smart monitoring devices and diagnostics, personalised implants and bionics
- High‑value pharmaceuticals, biologics and complementary medicines
- Cutting‑edge treatments, including regenerative medicine and genomics
- Digital integrated products and platforms and;
- Animal health.
If you're undertaking projects relevant to Medical Products you can now apply for support under the:
- Manufacturing Translation Stream: this stream helps Australian manufacturers translate high quality research and ideas into commercial outcomes
- Manufacturing Integration Stream: this stream helps Australian manufacturers to access domestic and global supply chains and produce and distribute quality products and high value services into them
Applications for both streams are being sought through an open, competitive process, while a third steam, focused on Collaboration, will open later this year.
Commonwealth funding will be provided on a dollar-for-dollar co-investment basis, with grant sizes starting from $1 million.
The MMI presents a great opportunity for our sector to step-up and secure funding to boost our unique manufacturing capabilities.
Applications close at 5.00pm AEDT on 29 March 2021.
Read more about the funding available.