27 April 2021
To mark International Clinical Trials Day in May, MTPConnect is launching an update to the Clinical Trials in Australia report with an event to coincide with ACTA’s Clinical Trials 2021: National Tribute and Award Ceremony in Melbourne.
The report will be unveiled during a panel session – ‘Clinical Trials in Australia: opportunities for growth’ – with sector experts at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre prior to the start of the ACTA Ceremony on Thursday 20 May at 3:00pm AEST. A live webcast link will be available for those who cannot attend in person.
The earlier report published in 2017 has served as an essential reference for the sector, addressing Australia's position in the global marketplace of clinical trials, focusing on the economic profile, the competitive advantage, and impediments of the sector.
The new report will reveal the state of play in the clinical trials sector today including progress of initiatives that were underway in 2017 and emerging opportunities and issues that should serve as priorities for the future growth of the sector.
The Panel facilitated by MTPConnect Managing Director and CEO Dr Dan Grant includes the following guests:
- Carrie Bloomfield, Director, Clinical Operations, GlaxoSmithKline Australia and Co-Chair of the Industry supported R&D Task force
- Dr Janelle Bowden, Managing Director, AccessCR
- Dr Megan Robertson, Group Chief Research Officer for St Vincent's Health Australia, and Chair AusBiotech Clinical Trial Advisory Group
- Dr Rebecca Tunstall, Senior Director Stakeholder Engagement MTPConnect
- Professor John Zalcberg, ACTA Board Chair and Head, Cancer Research Program, School of Public Health & Preventive Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Monash University; and Consultant Medical Oncologist, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
Please join us on Thursday, 20 May 2021 from 3:00-4:00pm AEST (followed by refreshments) in the Clarendon Room, at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
MTPConnect is proudly sponsoring ACTA’s Clinical Trials 2021: National Tribute and Award Ceremony which will follow at 5:00-6:00pm AEST with a networking reception until 7:00pm.
Register here to attend the launch, the Awards or to view the live webcast.