Round 3 Applications Are Now Closed
Listen to R1 BMTH program partners talk about their projects in our Value-Add Day podcast episode.
Delivered by MTPConnect, the Australian Government's $45 million BioMedTech Horizons program is an initiative to support innovative collaborative health technologies, drive discoveries towards proof-of-concept and commercialisation that address key health challenges as well as maximise entrepreneurship and idea potential.
These are the areas for BMTH3.0, for funding of up to $1 million available for medical device projects targeting innovative solutions to address unmet clinical needs in three key focus areas:
- Digitally enabled medical devices in mobile health, health information technology, wearable devices, telehealth and telemedicine, and digitally enabled personalised medicine
- Digitally enabled implantable medical devices addressing unmet needs in any therapeutic area
- General medical devices in the areas of regenerative medicine, women’s health, cardiovascular, orthopaedics, neuroscience, general surgery and oncology
This funding, BMTH3.0, is delivered via the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF), and administered by MTPConnect.
Investments from the program are focused on funding proof-of-concept to commercial development of biomedical and medical technologies (biomedtech).
Contact Senior Director BioMedTech Horizons Dr Gerard Gibbs for more information.
9 Projects Funded in Round 2
- Cyban Pty Ltd, Victoria, is developing a novel brain pulse oximeter to monitor brain oxygen levels following traumatic brain injury
- Kunovus Technologies Pty Ltd, New South Wales, is developing an elastomeric motion-preserving implant to treat lumbar spine osteoarthritis as an alternative to fusion
- Macuject Pty Ltd, Victoria, is developing artificial intelligence-based clinical decision support software for intravitreal management of age-related macular degeneration
- Advanced Genetic Diagnostics Pty Ltd, Western Australia, is developing genetic tests to identify people at high risk of heart disease
- IntelliDesign Pty Ltd, Queensland, is developing portable bedside low field magnetic resonance imaging
- PolyActiva Pty Ltd, Victoria, is developing sustained release ocular implants for delivery of steroids and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications to the eye for the prevention and treatment of macular oedema
- IDE Group, New South Wales, is developing a control sleeve for intravitreal injection system
- WearOptimo, Queensland, is advancing cardiac microwearables for rapid, minimally-invasive personalised cardiovascular medicine
- Enlighten Imaging Pty Ltd, Victoria, is developing a novel hyperspectral retinal imaging platform for next generation artificial intelligence diagnostics.
Sign up to the MTPConnect network to stay up to date with future funding opportunities and news.