Thank you for your interest in working with MTPConnect. You can find advertised positions posted on this page.
Join our Communications team
Manager Communications and Events
Flexible location (Melbourne preferred)
MTPConnect is part of the Australian Government’s Industry Growth Centres Initiative, working to accelerate the growth of the medical technology, biotechnology and pharmaceutical (MTP) sector. It achieves this by improving collaboration, providing and facilitating funding, developing skills, informing policy and promoting regulatory reform.
We have an opportunity for a Manager Communication and Events to join our busy and creative Communications team. Working in partnership with the broader team at MTPConnect and its sector stakeholders, you will play a key role in promoting the activities, initiatives and profile of the organisation through delivery of a broad range of engaging communications activities.
This is a full-time fixed term 12 month role reporting to the Director Media and Communications. The role provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate will have proven experience with well-rounded skills in corporate communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, digital and social media, podcast production, event management and at least seven years' experience in a similar role.
You will have a flair for writing, with demonstrated experience in creating relevant and engaging content across multiple platforms and strong attention to detail. You will also have a strong understanding of, and passion for, the digital landscape, including social media and content strategy, website management, podcast production and delivery of high-quality webinars and online activities. Experience in the MTP sector would be well regarded.
Your record of delivering high-level outcomes has been achieved by collaborating effectively in a supportive and cohesive team culture.
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Oversee content creation and publication across digital platforms (i.e. news articles, case studies, blogs, newsletters and EDMs)
- Deliver engaging editorial and visual content for social media channels, managing Twitter and LinkedIn accounts
- Management of the corporate website, including daily content management
- Assist with podcast production and promotion
- Coordinate and deliver communication support (i.e. marketing material, presentations) for events including webinars and online activities
- Support sponsorship activities through provision of collateral, presentations
- Work with relevant MTPConnect staff and programs developing communications to amplify MTPConnect’s funded research programs
- Manage media monitoring and metrics analysis of communication activities including social media for reporting purposes
What we offer:
Working at MTPConnect offers you the chance to work with a dedicated and friendly team
- ‘Small but mighty’ team headquartered in Melbourne with hubs in WA, NSW and QLD.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Melbourne office located in Cremorne
- Onsite bike storage
- Employee Program Assistance
Please view the Position Description below and send a cover letter and CV (Word format, max 5 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. As part of your application, please provide a written sample of your work that is relevant to the role of Manager Communications and Events.
For queries, please contact at Caroline Duell, in confidence. Applications close Monday 10 May at 5:00pm AEST.
Become the Next Guest of the Chair
MTPConnect is seeking a new Guest of the Chair to take up the position for 12 months. You could join MTPConnect Board meetings and activities to gain experience with the aim of broadening your understanding and knowledge of how boards operate, including corporate and not-for-profit governance.
MTPConnect’s Board also hopes to gain new perspectives by learning about the challenges and opportunities you face as an emerging leader in the MTP sector. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, submit your CV and a cover letter that address the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description below. Applications close at midday 15 May 2021 AEST.