Round 2 Expressions Of Interest are now CLOSED
This opportunity is offered by the Commonwealth under the Targeted Translation Research Accelerator (TTRA) Program which forms part of the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF).
The TTRA Research Projects funding can provide between $200,000 - $750,000 to help eligible organisations develop innovative preventative, diagnostic, therapeutic and/or disease management products/solutions for identified priorities associated with diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
TTRA Research Projects Round 2 Expressions of Interests must address one of the following Priority Areas:
- Priority 1: Atherosclerosis, including cerebrovascular disease
- Priority 2: Cardiomyopathy and heart failure
- Priority 3: Obesity as it relates to diabetes
- Priority 4: Mental health as it relates to diabetes
- Priority 5: Glucose control in type 1 diabetes (T1D), type 2 diabetes (T2D), double diabetes and/or gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM)
The project term for funded TTRA Research Projects is a maximum of 24 months. Applicants will be required to provide a co-contribution to the value of 50% of the TTRA funding request to be eligible. Additional in-kind or cash contributions above this threshold will be viewed favourably.
Please review the detailed Funding Guidelines for further information about eligibility and the application process. All submissions must be made through SmartyGrants with a link provided below. The sample EOI application form provides an overview of what is required in your EOI.
To view the Zoom Information Session held on Tuesday 12 October – click here. The slides and transcript are also available via the buttons below. IMPORTANT NOTE: The deadline for submission has since been extended to Thursday 25 November at 4:00pm AEDT.
For queries, please contact the TTRA team via email at email@example.com.
Round 1 Research Projects
TTRA Round 1 Research Projects address one of the following Priority Areas:
- Priority 1: Mental health conditions in people living with at least two of the following: Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes and/or cardiovascular disease.
- Priority 2: Chronic kidney disease in people living with at least two of the following: Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes and/or cardiovascular disease.
- Priority 3: Cardiac and vascular complications arising in people living with diabetes (Type 1 or Type 2) and cardiovascular disease; OR Cardiovascular disease in people living with Type 1 diabetes and insulin resistance (double diabetes).
TTRA Round 1 Research Projects recipients announced on 23 September 2021 are:
Deakin University’s Australian Centre for Behavioural Research in Diabetes, Victoria, $748,384 award Low Intensity mental health Support via a Telehealth Enabled Network (LISTEN) for adults with diabetes and CVD: Effectiveness and scalability
Heart Research Institute and University of Sydney, NSW, $750,000 award Development of novel safe adjunctive antithrombotic therapies for the improved treatment of acute ischaemic stroke
- Inosi Therapeutics Pty Ltd, Victoria, $704,230 award Lead optimisation of novel inhibitors of IRAP for the treatment of fibrosis in diabetes-induced renal and cardiovascular disease
- Nirtek Pty Ltd, Victoria, $750,000 award NIRAF Guidewire for Detection of Unstable Coronary Plaques to Prevent Heart Attack and Death
- Queensland University of Technology, Queensland, $745,623 award Towards a diagnostic tool for atheroma assessment to better manage vulnerable patients
- University of Melbourne, Victoria, $749,981 award Future Health Today and TorchRecruit: Changing the course of chronic disease
- University of Sydney, NSW, $739,128 award Local Regulation of Inflammation for the Treatment of Peripheral Arterial Disease