Round 1 Research Projects
TTRA Round 1 Research Projects address one of the following Priority Areas:
- Priority 1: Mental health conditions in people living with at least two of the following: Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes and/or cardiovascular disease.
- Priority 2: Chronic kidney disease in people living with at least two of the following: Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes and/or cardiovascular disease.
- Priority 3: Cardiac and vascular complications arising in people living with diabetes (Type 1 or Type 2) and cardiovascular disease; OR Cardiovascular disease in people living with Type 1 diabetes and insulin resistance (double diabetes).
TTRA Round 1 Research Projects recipients announced on 23 September 2021 are:
Deakin University’s Australian Centre for Behavioural Research in Diabetes, Victoria, $748,384 award Low Intensity mental health Support via a Telehealth Enabled Network (LISTEN) for adults with diabetes and CVD: Effectiveness and scalability
Heart Research Institute and University of Sydney, NSW, $750,000 award Development of novel safe adjunctive antithrombotic therapies for the improved treatment of acute ischaemic stroke
- Inosi Therapeutics Pty Ltd, Victoria, $704,230 award Lead optimisation of novel inhibitors of IRAP for the treatment of fibrosis in diabetes-induced renal and cardiovascular disease
- Nirtek Pty Ltd, Victoria, $750,000 award NIRAF Guidewire for Detection of Unstable Coronary Plaques to Prevent Heart Attack and Death
- Queensland University of Technology, Queensland, $745,623 award Towards a diagnostic tool for atheroma assessment to better manage vulnerable patients
- University of Melbourne, Victoria, $749,981 award Future Health Today and TorchRecruit: Changing the course of chronic disease
- University of Sydney, NSW, $739,128 award Local Regulation of Inflammation for the Treatment of Peripheral Arterial Disease