Adelaide Intermediary Program
As part of its EXCITE Strategy, the Government of South Australia has invested resources on intermediary functions that drive collaboration and knowledge transfer between researchers and industry in Innovation Districts.
MTPConnect has been appointed by the Government as the External Innovation and Translation Intermediary for Adelaide BioMed City (ABMC). Through targeted activities and services, MTPConnect's Adelaide Intermediary Program is focused on growing South Australia's health and medical industry sector by fostering collaboration, strategically building capacity and attracting new talent and opportunity across the research, innovation and translation value chain.
Our Role in South Australia
Working closely with ABMC partners and the broad range of stakeholders across South Australia’s MTP sector including companies, universities, medical research institutes, health professionals and funders, our role is to strategically build capacity, connection and opportunity.
We do this by providing a range of activities and services, including:
- Providing expert advice and mentoring through one-on-one consultations and briefings
- Facilitating local and global connection through strategic introductions, coordination of delegations, facilitating collaboration amongst partners, networking activities and bespoke roundtables and expert panels
- Capacity building through local and national programs and events, facilitating access to infrastructure, engaging in talent attraction and being a trusted voice for government
- Providing support for strategic projects as part of our portfolio of national funding programs and through participation in major initiatives
- Sharing our extensive knowledge base, which includes sector reports, case studies, podcasts and news
Reach out to your Adelaide Intermediary Program team to access any of these services.
- 10 March 2023 - SA Insights with Avance Clinical and Agilex
- 17 February 2023 - A Year of Firsts for our Adelaide Intermediary Team Supporting SA’s Ecosystem
- 9 May 2022 - Introducing Pia Vogrin – Engagement and Communications Manager, Adelaide Intermediary Program
- 16 May 2022 - Introducing Dana Bell - Innovation and Translation Intermediary, Adelaide Intermediary Program
- 4 April 2022 - Introducing Stephanie Morris - Director of Innovation and Translation - Adelaide Intermediary Program
- 24 Feb 2022 - MTPConnect Appointed ‘Innovation Intermediary’ for Adelaide BioMed City
- 20 September 2023 - Connecting Researchers with Industry Through REDI Fellowships
- 24 November 2022 - World Antimicrobial Awareness Week: Bugworks Tackles the Superbug Challenge
- 11 August 2022 - Researching Herd Immunity to Revolutionise Meningococcal B Immunisation Worldwide
- 11 March 2022 - Taking Australian science from lab bench to boardroom
- 24 November 2021 - BiomeBank Develops Pioneering Microbiome Treatments
- 22 November 2021 - LBT Innovations’ Technology Aims to Speed Up Detection of Antimicrobial Resistance
- 13 August 2020 - South Australia’s Novel Response to Coronavirus
- 22 July 2020 - Meet Professor Caroline McMillen – South Australia’s Chief Scientist
- 24 February 2023 - Boosting Funding Success for South Australia's Biomedical Sector
SA Insights Series is Adelaide's premium networking event for the health tech sector. Join the SA stakeholder engagement team for a hosted fire-side chat with industry leaders, innovators, research pioneers, and commercialisation professionals from South Australia sharing their experiences and insights.
SA Insights Collection of dates and details.
Make sure you register on MTPConnect’s channels to be keep up-to-date with our latest events.
More than 300 innovators, entrepreneurs, leaders, researchers, and changemakers gathered for the ecosystem celebration, APPLAUSE23. Hosted by MTPConnect’s Adelaide Intermediary Program team the event was sponsored by AusHealth and FB Rice with the support of ecosystem partners Medical Device Partnering Program, and Health Translation SA.
Connect with the SA Team
Dr Natalie Rickers
Commercialisation Director South AustraliaE: firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn: Dr Natalie Rickers