The WA Life Sciences Innovation Hub is a partnership between MTPConnect, the Western Australian Government: Invest & Trade WA - Health and medical life sciences and the University of Western Australia (UWA) to accelerate the growth of the state's MTP sector, create new jobs and support economic diversification.
Located at UWA in the Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research Building, Nedlands, it is one of the four WA Government Innovation Hubs that deliver programs to connect the innovation community, build capacity and new skills, attract investment, and foster commercialisation. The Innovation Hubs also include CyberWest, the WA Data Science Innovation Hub and the WA Creative Tech Innovation Hub.
The WA Life Sciences Innovation Hub team, Dr Tracey Wilkinson - MTPConnect, Professor Kevin Pfleger - UWA, Dean Nedelkos - MTPConnect, and Rebekah Craggs - MTPConnect, working together to manage and drive a varied and valuable annual program of activities for the Hub that deliver growth opportunities for the WA MTP sector.
Innovation in WA
There is plenty happening in WA in the life sciences and medtech sector, and our WA Life Science Innovation Hub team covers it all. To contact our WA Innovation Hub team members and to connect on LinkedIn and Twitter - please see details further below on this page.
Track the progress of Western Australian health innovations via our Western Australian Health Innovations Tracker LIVE Feed – find out projects’ current status in real time.
The WA Life Sciences Innovation Hub MTP Manufacturing Voucher Program is providing a major boost for medical products manufacturing in Western Australia. Under the scheme, five WA-based companies were awarded a total of $450,000 to accelerate innovation projects requiring advanced manufacturing capabilities.
Follow the WA Life Sciences Innovation Hub on LinkedIn
The WA Life Sciences Innovation Hub has a dedicated LinkedIn page. Keep up to date with news, events and opportunities in the WA sector, access local, national and global networks, and celebrate emerging innovations happening in WA! Follow us here!
Join Our Monthly WA MTP Sector Spotlight Series
The WA Life Sciences Innovation Hub showcases the WA organisations involved in developing health and medical innovations at a monthly breakfast event. Look out for more details on our events page or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn for the latest updates.
WA Industry Leaders Featured on the MTPConnect Podcast:
- WA's Cortical Dynamics - Part 1 - Team Australia Takes on The MedTech Conference in Boston
- WA's Singular Health and Ferronova - Part 2 - Team Australia Takes on The MedTech Conference in Boston
- Dr Megan Sebben, CSIRO's Kick-Start Program Manager and James Hill, CEO Singular Health - CSIRO Kick-Starts R&D for Startups like Singular Health
- Dr Kath Giles, OncoRes Medical - Kath & Kate - Enhancing MedTech Innovation in WA
- Dr Josephine Muir & Professor Barry Marshall, Noisy Guts - Introducing Noisy Guts – an Australian Nobel Laureate’s take on MedTech Commercialisation
- Dr Carlo Bellini, HiP Consulting - West Tech Fest – Inspiring Innovation In WA
- Professor Fiona Wood AO, Fiona Wood Foundation - Travel to the Borders of Knowledge: Meet Professor Fiona Wood AO
- Arthur Ong, Curve Tomorrow - Digital Health – The Future of Tomorrow
- Colin La Galia, EpiChem - COVID-19 Pivot: EpiChem’s Novel Response
- A/Prof Jacqueline Alderson, UWA - The New Frontier in Sports Science
- Paul Anderson, Orthocell - Opening Up International Markets: BioKorea 2020 Goes Virtual
- Paul Anderson, Orthocell - Navigating Regulatory Pathways: Orthocell Moves Into New Markets
- John Konstantopolous & John Barrington AM, Artrya – Spotlight: Artrya Marches to its Own Beat
- Professor Jonathan Carapetis, Telethon Kids Institute & Australian Strep A Vaccine Initiative (ASAVI) - Australia’s global search for a Strep A vaccine
- Professor Rakesh Veedu, SynGenis - The COVID Chemistry of a Perfect Match for SpeeDx and SynGenis
- Dr Gareth Baynam & Yarlalu Thomas, Cliniface & Lyfe Languages - Ancient and New: WA’s Cliniface and Lyfe Languages Improving Indigenous Healthcare Through Technology
WA Case Studies:
- Team WA: Team WA at AusMedTech 2023
- VitalTrace: REDI: MedTech Actuator Supports WA Start-Up VitalTrace to Revolutionise Childbirth
- What The Doctor Said: How ‘What the Doctor Said’ Helps Patients After An Emergency Department Visit
- VeinTech - Veintech Is Finding The Right Vein, First Time, Every Time
- Epichem - Epichem’s Formula for Success and WA Connections
- VitalTrace - The birth of a WA start-up: VitalTrace biosensors seek to improve childbirth outcomes
- SynGenis - East meets West - The Chemistry of a Perfect Match for SpeeDx and SynGenis
- OncoRes Medical - OncoRes Medical Helps Get Surgeons in Touch
- Noisy Guts - Let's Hear It For Noisy Guts
- Artrya - Artrya Is On The Pulse
- Ear Science Institute Australia - Silk-based implants set to revolutionise the treatment of chronic middle ear disease
Meet the Team, Connect with us, Get in touch
Dr Tracey Wilkinson - Director Stakeholder Engagement WA, MTPConnect
Mobile: +61 414 648 621
LinkedIn: Tracey Wilkinson
Professor Kevin Pfleger, Director Biomedical and Health Innovation
The University of Western Australia
Telephone: +61 8 6151 0734
LinkedIn: Kevin Pfleger
Rebekah Craggs - Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator WA, MTPConnect
Mobile: +61 402 805 976
LinkedIn: Rebekah Craggs