The MTPConnect WA Life Sciences Innovation Hub is co-funded through the WA Government’s New Industries Fund and the University of Western Australia to accelerate economic growth and create new jobs and Industries.
It is one of the three WA Government Innovation Hubs (together with WA Data Science and AustCyber WA) that deliver programs to connect the innovation community, build capacity and new skills, attract investment, and foster commercialisation.
Located at The University of Western Australia (UWA) in the Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research Building in Nedlands, Dr Tracey Wilkinson and Rebekah Craggs (MTPConnect) working together with Prof. Kevin Pfleger (UWA) look forward to driving an annual program of activities for the MTPConnect WA Life Sciences Innovation Hub that deliver growth opportunities for the WA sector.
Innovation in WA
There is plenty happening in WA in the life sciences and medtech sector, and our Director Stakeholder Engagement WA Dr Tracey Wilkinson covers it all. Connect with her on LinkedIn and Twitter to follow her explore innovation in WA.
The MTPConnect WA Life Sciences Innovation Hub MTP Manufacturing Voucher Program is providing a major boost for medical products manufacturing in Western Australia. Under the scheme, five WA-based companies were awarded a total of $450,000 to accelerate innovation projects requiring advanced manufacturing capabilities.
Join The Monthly WA MTP Sector Spotlight Series
The MTPConnect WA Life Sciences Innovation Hub showcases the WA organisations involved in developing health and medical innovations at a monthly breakfast event. Look out for more details on our events page or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn for the latest updates.
WA Industry Leaders Featured on the MTPConnect Podcast:
- Dr Kath Giles, OncoRes Medical - Kath & Kate - Enhancing MedTech Innovation in WA
- Dr Josephine Muir & Professor Barry Marshall, Noisy Guts - Introducing Noisy Guts – an Australian Nobel Laureate’s take on MedTech Commercialisation
- Dr Carlo Bellini, HiP Consulting - West Tech Fest – Inspiring Innovation In WA
- Professor Fiona Wood AO, Fiona Wood Foundation - Travel to the Borders of Knowledge: Meet Professor Fiona Wood AO
- Arthur Ong, Curve Tomorrow - Digital Health – The Future of Tomorrow
- Colin La Galia, EpiChem - COVID-19 Pivot: EpiChem’s Novel Response
- A/Prof Jacqueline Alderson, UWA - The New Frontier in Sports Science
- Paul Anderson, Orthocell - Opening Up International Markets: BioKorea 2020 Goes Virtual
- Paul Anderson, Orthocell - Navigating Regulatory Pathways: Orthocell Moves Into New Markets
- John Konstantopolous & John Barrington AM, Artrya – Spotlight: Artrya Marches to its Own Beat
- Professor Jonathan Carapetis, Telethon Kids Institute & Australian Strep A Vaccine Initiative (ASAVI) - Australia’s global search for a Strep A vaccine
- Professor Rakesh Veedu, SynGenis - The COVID Chemistry of a Perfect Match for SpeeDx and SynGenis
- Dr Gareth Baynam & Yarlalu Thomas, Cliniface & Lyfe Languages - Ancient and New: WA’s Cliniface and Lyfe Languages Improving Indigenous Healthcare Through Technology
WA Case Studies:
- VitalTrace - The birth of a WA start-up: VitalTrace biosensors seek to improve childbirth outcomes
- SynGenis - East meets West - The Chemistry of a Perfect Match for SpeeDx and SynGenis
- OncoRes Medical - OncoRes Medical Helps Get Surgeons in Touch
- Noisy Guts - Let's Hear It For Noisy Guts
- Artrya - Artrya Is On The Pulse
- Ear Science Institute Australia - Silk-based implants set to revolutionise the treatment of chronic middle ear disease
Meet the WA Team:
Dr Tracey Wilkinson - Director Stakeholder Engagement WA
|Rebekah Craggs - Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator WA|