A comprehensive global investment program for the Australian life science sector, including companies, investors and researchers.
To be competitive on a global scale, Australian life sciences companies need to have effective access to global capital markets and to be able to compete for funding against companies from around the world. This program will provide companies with the training and access they need to accomplish this, and as a result of better funding, companies will benefit from increased stability and productivity, therefore resulting in overall sector growth and confidence.
The investment program will comprise of three main components:
- Education, resources and training for companies and potential university and research institute spin outs in investment readiness, pitching for investment, and how to launch a successful IPO
- Education and resources for investors through published guides, workshops and events
- Access to global capital markets for Australian life science companies through targeted international events, facilitating collaborations and partnerships, and international investor support and education.
- This project held 13 events with over 1300 attendees and supported one inbound and five outbound trade missions.
- While the direct continued benefits are not known the indirect benefits are being seen through increased investment into MTP companies.
For more information, visit AusBiotech.
Listen to AusBiotech's CEO Lorraine Chiroiu talk about the program now.
|Consortium members||ASX, Dibbs Barker, WEBuchan, KPMG|
|Project duration||February 2017 - January 2019 (Completed)|
|Contact||Lorraine Chiroiu - LChiroiu@ausbiotech.org|