CTCM Round One Funding
CTCM Round 1 Funded Projects
CTCM Projects Round 1 Funding Awarded to:
- ARIA Research Pty Ltd, NSW, $1,500,000 award for ARIA Non-Invasive Bionic Vision System Clinical Trial and Pilot
- Eudaemon Technologies Pty Ltd, NSW, $1,500,000 award for Clinical Trial of the Next Generation Condom
- LBT Innovations Ltd, SA, (ASX Listed) $1,500,000 award for APAS Compact – Development of a desktop device for automated microbiology culture plate reading and reporting
- Navi Medical Technologies Pty Ltd, VIC, $1,239,187 award for Safer care for critically ill children: clinical translation of a new medical device to place and monitor paediatric central vascular catheters
- OncoRes Medical, WA, $1,500,000 award for the commercialisation of a diagnostic imaging system for cancer surgery
The Clinical Translation and Commercialisation - Medtech (CTCM) program, delivered by MTPConnect, is offered under the 2020 Early Stage Translation and Commercialisation Support Grant of the Medical Research Future Fund's Medical Research Commercialisation Initiative.
The $19.75 million CTCM program is targeting Australian small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and aims to boost commercialisation of home-grown medical devices.
The CTCM program can provide between $250,000 and $1.5 million to SMEs to support early clinical development of medical devices with commercial potential.
Projects focus on the development of a medical device for human use, the purpose of which is to diagnose, prevent, monitor, treat or alleviate a disease or injury, or modify or monitor anatomy or physiological functions of the body. Funding is only awarded to projects where the device’s capability has already been validated with research and/or preclinical studies.