REDI Program Round Three - Request for Proposals is Open
This opportunity is made possible under the Researcher Exchange and Development within Industry (REDI) initiative which is an initiative of the Australian Government’s Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF).
In delivering the REDI program, MTPConnect is partnering with research, training and industry organisations to deploy an integrated three-pillar plan driving skills and workforce development for the medical technology, biotechnology and pharmaceutical (MTP) sector nationally.
Through a competitive process, REDIC 3.0 is calling for proposals for training and/or education training programs to be implemented nationally, that meet specific urgent needs identified in the second skills gap report released in February 2021 - Driving skills development and workforce training for the future MTP workforce report:
- Proposal 1: Shortage of experienced clinical research associates (CRAs) (Skills gap #6)
- Proposal 2: Shortage of clinical trial coordinators (CTCs) (Skills gap #7)
- Proposal 3: Understanding of, and expertise in, big data capture, management and analysis (Skills gap #10) and Expertise in the design and use of artificial intelligence within MTP (Skills gap #11)
Also, this round is calling for programs to address specific skills gaps identified in the third skills gap report recently released in October 2021 - Positioning the MTP workforce for post-pandemic prosperity:
- Proposal 4: Shortage of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)- trained staff for advanced manufacturing (Skills gap #1)
- Proposal 5: Lack of a commercialisation competency framework/resource for SMEs (Skills gap #3)
To find out more, read the REDIC3.0 guidelines and resources below, and register for the REDI Information Session on Wednesday, 20 October 2021 at 1:00pm-2:30pm AEDT.
Please send your questions via email to REDIC.email@example.com
How to apply:
To submit your application please use the online portal, Smartygrants. The portal allows you to apply and download the different application forms for each proposal - see links below.
Applications close 30 November 2021 at 5:00pm (AEDT)
Delivering Training and Education to Fill Skills Gaps Announcements
Through a competitive process, MTPConnect has selected additional industry training providers to deliver new programs addressing key skills gaps in the sector workforce.
Round One called for proposals for new training and education programs to address two specific priority skills gaps identified in the 'REDI Skills Gaps Analysis Interim Report':
- Understanding of quality management systems and protocols (linked to advanced manufacturing)
- Strategic clinical trial design to meet regulatory requirements and payer needs (linked to commercialisation)
In March 2021,the REDI initiative awarded Round One contracts to ARCS Australia and SeerPharma to deliver these workforce skills gap training and education programs.
Round Two called for proposals for new training and education programs to address two specific priority skills gaps identified in the report ‘Driving skills development and workforce training for the future MTP workforce':
- Product development: identifying unmet market need and understanding the clinical context
- Commercialisation: ability to secure investment and/or industry collaboration - delivering a funding strategy
In May 2021, the REDI initiative awarded Round Two contracts to Cicada Innovations and Biointelect Consortium to deliver these workforce skills gap training and education programs.