12 March 2021
We are excited to announce that Monash University has places available for the Graduate Certificate in Biomedical Science and Commercialisation and Commonwealth Supported Places and study grants of up to $5,000 per student will be granted to members of MTPConnect's network for units in 2021.
Time is short! Apply by Monday 15 March for a Graduate Certificate in Biomedical Science and Commercialisation commencing on 22 March, 2021. This course has been identified by the Commonwealth Government as filling a skills gap, and is being supported by the Job Ready program.
- 100% reduction of course fees for 2021
- Obtain a Graduate Certificate in 2021, in a growth sector
- Study part-time (or full- time in Semester 2), online or blended online and on Clayton campus
- Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP) and Monash-CSIRO study grants are available for 2021 to launch or progress your career in biomedical research commercialisation
- Learn from leaders at the forefront of biomedical research, meet industry experts and benefit from our strong track record in research commercialisation and collaborations with global industry partners
- Join a community of change-makers at the Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute, and gain access to Monash’s startup hub, The Generator
WHY STUDY NOW?
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve seen first-hand how critical is the pathway from discovery to development. Turning research breakthroughs into life-saving treatments is difficult, and now there’s a need for a new kind of entrepreneur who understands both the science and business worlds, to translate and commercialise research and change health outcomes worldwide.
Combine your scientific background with an entrepreneurial mindset with the Graduate Certificate of Biomedical Science and Commercialisation. In this course, you’ll extend your understanding of stem cells and regenerative medicine, and learn cutting-edge techniques in molecular biology. You’ll have opportunities to hone your business skills and explore the research and development process and pathway to commercialisation..
A Graduate Certificate of Biomedical Science and Commercialisation could also lead you towards further study, with the opportunity to progress into a Master of Biomedical and Health Science or Master of Biotechnology.
Be part of the next generation of innovative thinkers, moving research forward, faster.
Completion of four 12-week units (Part-time over 2 semesters, Full-time over one semester):
- Biotechnology: Commercialising biomedical science (Offered in March and in July)
- Creativity and entrepreneurship (Offered in March and in July)
- Regenerative medicine and stem cells (July only)
- Foundations for medical biotechnology and its applications (July only)
The study commitment per unit is approximately 12 hours a week (4 hours of teacher-directed learning activities and 8 hours of self-directed study). Directed teaching can be undertaken on-line or on-campus.
Apply directly to Monash using course code M4030. Download the course flyer below.