23 January 2024
Calling all entrepreneurs who are women and in the early stages of founding their startup! Applications are now open for The University of Queensland’s Ventures Empower Program.
Join a cohort of inspiring founders and get the support, knowledge, and confidence you need to reach your business goals.
As part of the Ventures Empower program you will:
- Experience 9 weeks of engaging content crafted to resonate with the unique experiences and aspirations of women who are innovators and entrepreneurs.
- Connect with like-minded women, learn from each other's experiences, and form bonds that will extend beyond the program.
- Learn from successful entrepreneurs and mentors who've navigated similar paths, offering insights, advice, and a supportive network.
- Polish your pitching skills and showcase your unique vision with potential supporters at the Ventures Empower demo day.
To be eligible to apply, Ventures Empower teams must have:
- Individual women founders or startup teams with at least 51% women ownership
- Active founders who are over the age of 18 years and who are committed to the full length of the program
- A strong connection with The University of Queensland (UQ) as evidenced by 50% of founders meeting one of the following criteria:
- be an undergraduate or postgraduate student of UQ in 2024, including PhD candidates
- be an alum of UQ; or
- be a current UQ staff (research/academic/professional) member.
The balance of the founders who do not meet the above criteria need not have any relationship with UQ.
Join the information series in January and February to find out more about the three-month program, application tips and more.
- Tuesday 30 January, 12-12:30 pm
- Tuesday 13 February 5-5:30 pm
Submit your application by Monday 19 February at 12pm (AEST).