24 January 2024
Nominate an Australian scientist, research-based innovator or science teacher who demonstrates excellence for the 2024 Prime Minister’s Prizes for Science.
Nominating is a meaningful way to show how much you value someone’s efforts, achievements and impact. Nominations can be made by peers or colleagues across science, research-based innovation, and science, technology and mathematics teaching communities.
Before you start the process, make sure your nominee is willing to be nominated and will provide evidence to support the nomination.
How to nominate
You can nominate someone in 5 easy steps. You’ll need to provide:
1. Your full name and contact details.
2. The name and contact details of the person you are nominating.
3. A short description of your nominee’s achievements.
4. The names and contact details of people who can comment on your nominee’s contribution.
5. Your nominee’s up-to-date CV.
You may re-submit a nomination that was unsuccessful to give your nominee another chance. If you do this, make sure your nominee is still eligible and the nomination details are up-to-date and accurate.
Once you’ve gathered the information you need, it will take about an hour to complete the nomination form.
Tips for a strong nomination
Step 3 – describing your nominee’s achievements – is where you use the assessment criteria to tell us how your nominee demonstrates excellence.
Strong responses to the assessment criteria will:
- include evidence to demonstrate how your nominee’s work has made a significant impact in their field
- give examples of your nominee’s contributions and achievements
- clearly outline obstacles or challenges your nominee has overcome to achieve their goals
- detail the reasons why you believe your nominee should be recognised in the Prime Minister’s Prizes for Science.
Nominate an inspiring achiever today:
To make your nomination as strong as possible, make sure you read the advice for responding to assessment criteria under the 'key documents' section on the application page.
Nominations are open until 8 February 2024. Send your queries to email@example.com